Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching Circuits Broadband Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcgalicha

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all. I know this will be a stupid question but I'm really confused. Attached is a picture of my amplifier design.
Transistor used is ATF 36077 and topology is cascaded, reactively terminated amplifier.
The microstrip transmission lines are supposed to be for matching purposes however I don't know what value of impedance to put on the transmission line calculator. I just put in 50 ohms for the impedance for some of the transmission lines and frequency is 11.25 GHz. Please help. I need to know how to match this circuit properly.

Attachments

• 198.png
    198.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 88

First of all, what is the used substrate ?
The impedances are defined by source pull and load pull simulation or measurement.

And I don't see any biasing voltage in this schematic...

The substrate used is RT Duroid 5880. I did not put any biasing since I loaded the s2p files of the ATF 36077 in the n-port that I used. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.