Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATCHED TERMINATION simulation : HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matched termination

hi,

i'm trying to simulate a coaxial line to rectangular waveguide transition(adapter) in HFSS. But for the simulation i need a matched termination at one side of the adapter(waveguide) and other mouth is obviously shorted. now, i don't know how to define a matched termination in HFSS. should i use PML or there is some other method.Again i don't know how to use a PML bu\oundary condition, in case.

so, if anybody knows anything on this matter kindly reply on this forum.

with regards
abhi

matched termination

Hi, I´d like to know more about your problem. I suppose that you want to attach a coax cable to a rectangular wave guide, so my question is...Does your wave guide have a 50 Ohms termination in the side where the coax cable must be attached?. Does your coax cable will be the TE or TM excitation for the wave guide?. If you describe your problem better may be some of us could help you... Grettings

waveguide matched termination

If I got your problem, the solution is simple. Make the excitation of a waveport and terminate it as Z ohms.
=> The excitation you must chose a terminal or integral line (it depends of your solution type) from the outer conductor to the inner conductor.
=> The termination must be done by HFSS>>Fields>>Sources (I´m not sure of the names but that´s the idea...)

I hope it helps you!

Thadeu

what is termination simulation

For the transition between coaxial line and waveguide, the coaxial line should be about quarter-wavelength away from the short end of waveguide. In HFSS model, two waveports should be set in the end of coaxial line and the open end of waveguide.

how to design termination through hfss

hi burton, i need this concept too, so could you plz propose me some documents concern your comments, thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back