Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matched Filter Design for extracting analog signals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matched Filter Design

The matched filter works only for the signal it was designed for. It in effect concentrates the signal energy at one instant of time giving a pulse which is easily detected. I vaguely remember that the impulse response of the filter is identical to the time domain shape of the signal only reversed in time.

This matched filter method is used on hard drives to detect the bits.

Re: Matched Filter Design

flatulent said:
The matched filter works only for the signal it was designed for. It in effect concentrates the signal energy at one instant of time giving a pulse which is easily detected. I vaguely remember that the impulse response of the filter is identical to the time domain shape of the signal only reversed in time.

This matched filter method is used on hard drives to detect the bits.

It is aproximately identical. May or May not be precise. You are right flatulent about it it. Is used in hard drives. I want to see someone who has done it and posted it in web. It is a very interesting topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back