Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

master slave communication in 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravirajd7

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i want to connect one micro controller as master with two separate micro controllers as slaves
how can i do it.....?
can some one give me some basic circuit and program of how it can be done.?

thanks for the help but can i use rs232 for the communication because i am using only two microcontrollers as slaves,,,,,
please give me some circuit using rs232 and sample code

thanks

Use the RTS line to toggle the RS485 TX/RX for low speed applications. Use the TX line into a monostable ; output of monostable to control RS485 TX/RX. Search EDA or use Google for lots of examples

thanks for the help but can i use rs232 for the communication because i am using only two microcontrollers as slaves,,,,,

hai.. If you use RS232, you need 2 uart ports because you have 2 MCU's as slave. Why dont you think about SPI or I2C. Even if you wanted to add more slaves, you can just extend the bus not the port pins.

It is just a suggestion, anyway you can use RS232 to communicate with 2 slaves. Only thing is you have to configure 2 UART bus

thanks

Please view @bassa reference! Solution is mode3 (bit9)!

hi i was struck in a project which is about master slave communication between 8051..one 8051 master should communicate with two slave 8051's.....please help me...how to make connections between master and slave....and also an example code...............

thanks

hi i was struck in a project which is about master slave communication between 8051..one 8051 master should communicate with two slave 8051's.....please help me...how to make connections between master and slave....and also an example code...............

Obviously, you have not taken the time to examine your own thread.

All three of the members above, karthikkrv85, bassa and klystron, have provided reasonable solutions with examples to you request.

I would suggest you post the schematic and code you have developed thus far and clearly state the remaining issues you have with the design.

BigDog

thanks
you can use one master and two slaves,but you can not communicate between 2 slaves.....
the ckt is simple but the prog. part is little difficult.............

Status
Not open for further replies.