Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Manipulating a single Instance Iterations in Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

battosai

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to manipulate the parameters of a single instance of an array (I1<1024:1>). The instances contain a simple RC network and a current source modelling a rather complex circuit. All the instances are connected in series using a bus-notation. Now I need to add a unique delay to every single one of the current sources in order to simulate a propagating signal through this chain of instances.

My idea was to use a skill function to deduce the number of the instance and use it as a multiplier for a constant delay and add it as a parameter of the internal current source. This way all 1024 instances should have a unique delay that is a function of its instance number.

I am fairly new to Skill and seem to be stuck..I managed to access a single instance using ilInst~>name but this returns me the complete name i.e. I1<x>. That's about as far as I came..

Does anyone have experience with this kind of problem or any hints that might help?

According to Andrew Beckett in the Cadence Forums my original approach is not possible. Therefore I have changed my approach a bit. I added the delay parameter i neet to change to the cell using pPar("delay"). In that way the netlister adds the parameter directly to the instance call instead of only the subcircuit. In that way all i need to manipulate is the value of the parameter for every instance. Since it's the first time doing netlist manipulations and the lack of good examples i wrote a custom PrintParameter function that simply overwrites the delay parameter with a fixed value to see if it works:

Code:
(defun MYPrintParameters (formatterId cvId)
    cellview_params = cvId->parameters
    (foreach param cellview_params           
        (if param->name == "delay" then
            param->value = "2u"
            cellview_params = nil
        );; if
    );; foreach
    amsPrintParameters(formatterId cvId)   
);; defun
netId = amsGetNetlister()                  
vlog = netId->vlog
vlog->parametersProc = `MYPrintParameters

I have made the according changes in the CDF editor (under Simulation Information in the spectre settings under netlistProcedures i added MYPrintParameters) for the cell and saved theMYPrintParameters function in the libInit.il file in the library folder and tried to generate the netlist. Unfortunatly it returns the error:

Code:
  *Error* MYPrintParameters: too few arguments (2 expected, 1 given) - (stdobj@0x15ecc170)

Do I have to add another parameter in the CDF editor or where did I go wrong?
I am grateful for any input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back