Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

manifesting inductor behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

sina_always_stuck

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
The following circuit is the the very basic form of an Hbridge inverter driving a parallel LC tank at its resonance frequency 200khz. The Inductors L1 and L2 are put in series between the square wave output of the Hbridge and the parallel resonance LC tank now I have the following three questions about L1 and L2:
1.How they change the shape of hbridge output square waves(what driving signal shape LC tank sees)?
2.How they change amplitute of hbridge output square waves(what amplitude the LC tank sees)?
3.How they change phase of the hbridge output square waves(what phase difference they introduce between hbridge output square waves and the LC tank input driving waves)?
I want to first understand the concepts and then learn the related equetions.
Any body able and willing to answer the questions and I will discuss it in more detail.
thank you in advance

Attachments

• soal.jpg
    soal.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 70

Square wave consists of Vfund + 1/3 X V @ 3Xfund + 1/5 X V @ 5 X fund. . . So the current flowing at n X fund will flow through the capacitor and not contribute to the wave form across the L. So putting the extra inductors in series, will reduce the current flowing at the harmonic frequencies, reduce the current taken by the transistors and increase its power conversion efficiency.
Frank

Thanks,
Yeah it blocks the currents trying to flow at harmonics as it shows a gradually higher impedance to higher frequencies. The Inductors L1 and L2 recieve an square wave at their left side do some modifications to it and pass it to parallel LC from their right side.I want to know what happens to the shape, amplitude and phase of this square wave when it passes through these inductors and reach the LC tank....I would like to emphesis that the load is not a simple resistor but its a parallell LC tank driven at its resonance frequency though it apears resistive at this frequency.
regards
sina

Status
Not open for further replies.