Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Manging Polygon Pours with Rooms in Altium 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

defrost

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if there is a way to associated polygon pours in Altium 09 with room definitions. Once completed, I would like the polygon pours to behave as follows:
- When I move the room, the polygon pours move with it
- When I copy the room formats, the polygon pours are also copied

I have tried a whole bunch of stuff, but in particular:
- Including the polygon pours in the room definition

I have been searching a while for a solution, with no results. Are polygon pours not meant to be used in this way? Thanks, Damien

try this:

select all the objects you would like to associate with each other. then right click and select 'unions' and then 'create union from selected objects"

Tried that, didn't work. I also doubled checked that the polygons appeared in the union. Any other thoughts?

when you move the union, which command do you use?

i use move move (m,m) to move everything.

Last edited:

Interesting, it isn't working for me. Either dragging the room, or (m, m) - only moves the components in the room, not the polygon pours. The only way I have successfully moved everything is:
- dragging a box arroung the entire room to select everything
- click on the "Move Selection" command from the toolbar, or (m, s)
- select my selection from the first step, and it all moves!

Using the "Move" command doesn't move the polygons for some reason, Union or not. Moving the entire selection works everytime - however it is really annoying since I have to select everything first. Thanks for your help.

This works:
Polygon Actions => Explode polygon to free primitive.
It's not a polygon anymore so you can't repour but it does wat you want.
I suggest to do this after your room routing is completely finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back