Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making measurements in closed tanks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll find a lot of commercial sensors under the keywords "non-invasive ultrasonic level measurement" respectively "non-invasive ultrasonic level switch"

e.g.:

Thanks for your helps,
I need to know fuel level, not only to detect if there's fuel or not.

I didn't see this link before
I didn't post the link, but it's one of the very first google hits for "non-invasive ultrasonic level measurement".

I just wanted to show that this kind of measurements is feasible and utilized in industrial instrumentation.

You can either buy commercial instruments or design it on your own. I don't know your electronics and physics and mechanical engineering skills and can't estimate your chances to manage the design.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I'm sorry for my bad question :S
My issue is to measure fuel in a genset tank. So I assume that this tank is from metal and it's very big size...

First, "very big" means nothing.
An older thread, but deserves showing a solution that few know about. There is several depth lenghts available :

----> **broken link removed**

Instead of absurd complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.