Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making led matrix display- need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matheus3322

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help making my 5x7 led matrix display driver!
Can anyone help me ?
thank you!

How do you intend to use it? Like, do you plan to drive it on an external interrupt.

I could just suggest using a 4017 with 555 timer giving the pulse. You can use the same pulse as interrupt source to the microcontroller to generate the appropriate row driving voltage.

All o/p should be buffered with transistors.

I will try to tell you more as you give us the details.

--

On second thought, you can eliminate the 55 and use a builting timer of the microcontroller to generate the interrupt and drive the 4017. (You can use an 8 bit counter with 8o/p's instead) Make sure you put o/p 8 of the 4017 to reset.

actually, i just want to display SOMETHING like text, arrow animations, etcetera.

What I
meant was, how many 5x7 modules do you intend to use. Which controller are you familiar with, and such things. The tech details.

The other options is to use single led's in a 5 x 7 format.

Are you familiar with any micro controllers???

led matrix

How do you intend to use it? Like, do you plan to drive it on an external interrupt.

I could just suggest using a 4017 with 555 timer giving the pulse. You can use the same pulse as interrupt source to the microcontroller to generate the appropriate row driving voltage.

All o/p should be buffered with transistors.

I will try to tell you more as you give us the details.

On second thought, you can eliminate the 55 and use a builting timer of the microcontroller to generate the interrupt and drive the 4017. (You can use an 8 bit counter with 8o/p's instead) Make sure you put o/p 8 of the 4017 to reset.

--hi, d u have any idea about 7x7 led matrix? source? links? i'm using pic16f84a.. i'm also using 4017 for counter..

Re: led matrix

It's pretty easy if you already know how to do a basic program for a microcontroller.
All you gotta do is sit down and think about "what the sequence is" and put that into code :)

Before the first time I made one, I thought it was pretty complex too, but it all worked itself out sort-of. Just take it one small step at a time.

If you wanna go for a big display (something like 20 x 7 dots or more) you'd wanna combine a Demultiplexer to increase the number of 'columns' of LEds you intend on lighting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back