Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making IR Receiver using PIC16F84, ability to control 4 Different relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

NishantSood

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Making Infra Red Receiver using PIC, HAVE THE CODE JUST LITTLE MODIFICATION NEEDED

Hello to All,
I want to develop a IR receiver that has the ability to control 4 different relays each related with a different button on the IR Remote control, with these 4 buttons the relays state could be toggled(if on then could be switched off if off then could be switched On).

I want to make changes in the Following Circuit and .ASM programme files to meet my 4 relays and 4 button need match, Currently the Following Circuit and .ASM File Programme is made for 8 Relays and 8 Button IR Remote,

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE ATTACHMENTS TO THE FILE:(THE .txt files contain the Programming Code and these files actually have .ASM as extension)

Attachments

• rx.GIF
    rx.GIF
    15.2 KB · Views: 172
  • tx.GIF
    tx.GIF
    9.7 KB · Views: 136
  • ir_rx.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 129
  • ir_tx.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Re: Making Infra Red Receiver using PIC, HAVE THE CODE JUST LITTLE MODIFICATION NEEDE

Your program works in toggle mode.

if you really don't want to use 8 relays. the best way is to connect only 4 relays to the circuit, leave other connections open.

similary connect only 4 switches in the Tx circuit.

for modification in ASM code

remove GOTO DO_CH5
GOTO DO_CH6
GOTO DO_CH7
GOTO DO_CH8

in recceiver code

Thanks! Prajesh Sir for your Precious Time to reply , I will Get back to you as soon as i am able to Make up the Circuit and Test it! ,Please do care for any Private Message's .

The Program here is actually made for PIC 16F630 ,What Modifications would you suggest to make it Usable on any other PIC like 16F84,16F84A or Any other Compatible PIC.

Reactions: saswra

saswra

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
For use with another micro, first change the "list p=" and "#include" and set the "__CONFIG" properly. Change the "#DEFINE" pins to the 84A pins that you want to use. That's mostly it.

Thank You! Tahmid , What you think, Is the RC - 5 Technology is used in Channel 100 TV's also like their Predecessor's Channel 90 which are compatible with Rc - 5 Protocol? and is their another protocol that i can have in my circuit apart from RC - 5 ,Sony and other popular Protocols?

Hi,

Protocol is your choice. You can expand it depending on the method. Eg. If you make both transmitter and receiver:
start bit, field bits(0-63 or 0-127), control bit, address bit, command bit. You could make use of the command and control bits to expand your circuit to way beyond 127. It all depends on how you put things while coding.
Sony's SIRC is also very popular, esp. in commercial applications. All my IR devices use SIRC as the SIRC based transmitters, ie remote controls are widely available and mostly people use ready-made transmitter of Sony. So all I have to do is make the receiver according to what I want and it's very easy.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

As for the number of channels in SIRC, there are 2, there's a 13-bit version and an 18-bit version. The 18-bit version can be used for many many channels.

if you want to connect the 9th device, you have to make lot of modification to the code.

in PORT C only 8 Pins are available.

you have to modify the Tx ASM code also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back