Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making data call in gsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mona

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at commands for making data calls

hello
I have few questions:
I am currently in development of gsm software.
How can you initiate data call in gsm?
You need a driver of somekind or you can do it with AT command?
Is somewhere a source for this?
Can somebody explain this a little more.
(can send private message)
Regards
mona

at command for making data call

you can use normal AT commands to start data calls in GSM...

I suggest you try downloading the source to gnokii (https://www.gnokii.org) and try to see how they initiated the connection...

for a list of AT commands for GSM, I also suggest that you go to ETSI's website (https://www.etsi.org/getastandard/home.htm) and browse their documents section... they have several PDF files available for download on everything you wanted to know about software development for GSM... the AT command specifications, if I'm not mistaken, is referred to as "ETSI ES 201 912 V1.1.1"...

Hi mona,

Elektor Electronics from Jan, 2002 brings Hardware and Software to employ a Remote Process Control using GSM-phones. Trough SMS.
Take a look...

If it fits you're needs, I can scan the article and send by e-mail or upload it somewhere...

Hello, Mona !!!

If you are still to try the AT command on GSM-HP.

Please load this AT Command for Siemens S25 GSM. It is also working with C25, and S35i.

Use the Hyperterminal on Windows, set to baud 19200, noparity, 8bit and 1 stop bit by S35i.

Entry with the AT (by keyboard) and click Return, if echo the "Ok" message it mean the system is ok.

best regard
bsiswoyo

Uploaded file: **broken link removed**

[ This Message was edited by: bsiswoyo on 2002-04-23 04:41 ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Only a sugestion for some problems,

I don't know in other countries, but in spain the operator don't allow data cals without as for permision (and of course a month tax) and even some operators don't allow data calls on some cels.... realy a fu?xd...

Link error s25_atc_commandset_v10.pdf

ahmet2004 said:
Link error s25_atc_commandset_v10.pdf

This is old link mybe was removed

Please try this new link:
**broken link removed**

This command also work fine with C35 Siemens. You must look pin configuration at your's handphone. Connet the RX & TX 8051 to TX & RX handphone by using ttl buffer before, because TX/RX pin of handphone not use RS232 voltage (+- 10Volt).

Dear all,

Siemens AT Command

Attachments

• siemens_at_commands_922.pdf
    272.6 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: Waidas

Waidas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
look this website, has many links to gsm/sms/gps
**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Status