Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnitude and Phase Measurement of a Differential-out Ota in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablomarco

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am an engineering student. I need to measure my OTA's open-loop magnitude and phase plot in Cadence. Since I am going to design a differential-output OTA, I am quite confused about how I should implement a testbench for that purpose. I would be pretty happy If you guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Use an ideal transformer and-if the case of- a coupling capacitor at both output and input side.
Drive from single ended ( one pin is grounded ) and get the response similarly single ended output side.
Or use Ideal Balun.. There are few ways to transform diff-to-single ended

For checking the AC response/stability of a fully-differential OTA, it is better to use the "cmdmprobe" to break the differential/common mode loops together with stb analysis. You can get your open-loop gain by setting the close-loop to one with resistive feedback.
I suppose that with a quick google search you can find the tutorial from Prof. Vishal Saxena about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back