Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnetometer calibration issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodstanur

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I bought three LSM303DLH magnetometer with accelerometer module from sparkfun.
I was trying to do a tilt compensated magnetometer. I am using accelerometer along with the magnetometer to get the tilt compensated heading value.
FOr that I need to calibrate the magnetometer at first. It means I need to find the MAX and MIN values of X,Y,Z magnetometer axis.

But the problem is, for each same module, I am getting different calibration values with the same experimental setup.
Why each module is giving different calibration values?
Also it seems to be difficult to calibrate the magnetometer to get the 6 values.
At first I thought if I find the calibration value for a single chip, I can use different chips of same model number could be used in the same circuit. But now I need to calibrate each chip!..

Any simple solution for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back