Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic Core doubt. Can you help me out in finding the datasheet from this core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMSA84

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there guys.

I saw the core from the picture below for sale and I am interested on it, but I can't find the datasheet from this core.

It seems to be a POT Core. I can't find the datasheet where I can see what is the type of the material and for what kind of application it can be used.

P4728 HAGY 47x28mm M2 78 POT P PP Ferrite
AL=9500

Picture:

1.JPG

The pictures shows the core as well as an engraved letters and numbers: M2 and 78. This might be another lead to find any information about the core.

Help please.

Regards.

Hagy is a former hungarian manufacturer who's gone out of business. The core size is non-standard, or at least not usual outside the former eastern bloc. The AL value suggests an ungapped core, the most interesting point would be to know if it's a high flux power ferrite or rather a general purpose low and medium frequency material.

From what I have read, and considering that M2 is the material, the most close to that is the Philips 3C8. I read that on a paper/info bulletin. About the 3C8, I think it's high flux.

Status
Not open for further replies.