Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magma volcano database

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparc200

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For a Hybrid design flow, DC compiler generated optimized DB file, how can I convert it to volcano library format for PD in Magma back end tool?
Thanks

Hi sparc200

U can't convert .DB format into .VOLCANO format,
As you know magma cannot read .DB file or Synopsys tools cannot read .Volcano format,

They are company owned cutomized format for thier respective tools,
SO from the given details, i can infer that u want ot P&R for the Netlist generated by the DC,

so what i can suggest is to generate the Verilog or VHDL netlist from DC,
Then take the corresponding library file that was targetted for the the NEtlist,
The library file for Volcano preparation in MAGMA are .LIB , .LEF or .GDS and corresponding Technology rules given by the foundry, follow the rules given in the MAGMA apllication notes for Library preparation
and then u import the netlist form DC into MAGMA design environment and u follow the P&R for the netlist,

Hope this will help you,

Regads,
au_sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back