Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magma Hierarchical Design Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetanbs

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Can anyone detail about Hierarchical design flow in Magma using Blast fusion and Blast Plan Pro. I have two soft macros whose hierarchy I need to maintain. These two modules have many macros inside them and the top level module which has these two modules also have many macros.

Please let me know the flow.

Thanks in advance,
Chetan

Hi, Hope something on the below are useful:

1. Force keep, force maintain subblock model before fix time
2. Define subfloorplan for soft-macro and place the soft-macro on the top floorplan.
3. Place pin assignment for soft-macro, create top-level power routing (top-down flow)
4. Pushdown the power connection and pin placement to soft-macro. Also push the timing down.
5. Use the pushed down power connection and pin assignment for subblocks.
6. Run throught the flow for subblock using pushed down power/timing/floorplan/pin-assignment, etc.
7. Use the Magma asbtraction VIEW to swap/export/import soft-macro to top-floorplan.
8. Run through the flow on the top-level until fix-route.
9. Swap the volcano (or whitebox or full-view) of subblock to top-level and generate GDSII.
--> Done, :)

Please contact me if you want more detail on the hierarchical design flow!
, denmos (vinh.camau@gmail.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back