Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAC address problem with FlexLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxB

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MAC-address.

Hi ALL!

The modern network cards which have been switched - off from a network, at inquiry FlexLM such as HOSTID give out MAC-address =0xffffffff, INTERNET=127.0.0.1 (local host). Many software protected FlexLM, are based on MAC-address of a network card. For correct transfer of MAC-address in absence of network connection it is necessary to make small fix. On RJ-45 short 1-3 and 2-6 pin it is necessary. Tested on Win2000 and XP, Realtek and Intel 100 Mbits Ethernet cards.

FoxB

You can also install the IPX protocal

you can install all the protocals .
it is ok.

Connect your NIC to a hub (powered), it should be treated as connected and the MAC is enabled.

Without such kind of hardware connection, to deal with windows plug and play feature, installing all the protocal works for win2k to show the Mac address, it may not for winxp.

FoxB,

that's a known bug in flexlm. try to get a newer version of lmgr326a/b.dll. there's also another way to FORCE it to work:

set media sense variable in your registry to 1 and it will work, but you might experience some strange effects (reversible).

to find out how to set that var, check google.

tahiti

to tahiti!
This bug present in flexlm v8.1.
MAC address is 000000000000,if computer not connect to network .

to toad_th!
This computer - not connect to network and the MAC is disabled. This tested on win200 and XP. Software, protected FLEXlm, based on MAC address.

FoxB

I´ve the same problem.

WinXP SP1, Realtek RTL8139, Modelsim

Installing other protocolls than TCP didn´t help.
Deactivating MediaSense according to:
**broken link removed**
didn´t help.

I´ve an active Networkconnection.
ipconfig /all tell me my MAC.

Any ideas what i could do?

Greetings
Xanatos
xanatoskenobi@ananzi.co.za

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search