Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M1 PG nets problem in Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

eexuke

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear experts,
When I am using Astro, I met a strange problem:
1) Consider total height of my std cell's height = 5 (1 VDD,1VSS and 3 for remaining) and both VDD and VSS are consisted of M1.
2) When I create M1 PG nets for all standard cells, the distance between the center of two adjacent PG nets is 4 (I use double back and distance=4 is just what I desired).
3) However,the width of each PG nets become 2 instead of 1 which causes tons of DRC violations between M1 PG nets and M1 routings inside std cell.
In my attached figures, (a)shows the right case, (b) shows the wrong case. I am wondering why (b) happens and in astro, can I set the width of M1 PG nets by myself?

Many many thanks in advance!

hi,
normally, not suggest using M1 for stripe. using upper layer for good power integrity.

linuxluo said:
hi,
normally, not suggest using M1 for stripe. using upper layer for good power integrity.
Hi,
It's not the power stripe. The problem I described above occurs on basic M1 power/ground nets which connect all the power/ground nets of standard cells. For wide power stripes/rings, I always use higest or higher metal layers.

Hello

I am not sure whether i can post here but did not find soem other topic. I am very new to Astro, i want learn this tool from very basic and not sure where to start. If only some one of you suggest me seom tutorial i can quick start on this .

Please suggest me some reading material or tutorials

Thnks in advace

Sing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back