Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M.Eng in Electrical Engineering..(Microwave Engineering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZincBear

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electrical engineer nus microwave

Hi all!

Im thinking of pursuing a M.Eng in the NUS(National University of Singapore)... majoring in Microwave engineering. Of course, i received my bachelors from there about 1 and a half years ago.

I have been in the US since graduation, working for a GaAs company, as a design engineer....but i feel that my knowledge is forever lacking...is it normal?... Is a Masters really beneficial??

So far, the experience had been good. I have designed various forms of test fixtures, amplifier modules, coplanar to waveguide feeds, microwave filters, spiral inductors and played with transceivers.

However, being in a small company, i feel small, and i wanna go and see the technology of the "big boys"... but they are always looking for one with a Masters, especially in the US.

I see the Masters as a kind of foundation. Towards the middle of my career, i would like to be an Engineering/Product Manager of some sort, and able to manage product development. I don't see how i can do that without having sufficient technical knowledge.

What do you guys think?.... Comments pls?...:)

Plenty of thanks for your inputs and advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.