Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS without GDS of standard cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

husain154

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lvs box

Hello,
I have developed my layout (GDSII) using two types of "standard cells".

A. The standard cells developed in our lab, (Standard cells 'A')
B. The commercial standard cells of a company. (Standard cells 'B')

I have got all the details (layout, abstract etc) of 'A'; but for 'B' i have only got the abstract model (LEF, verilog details).
With the help of abstract model, i am able to do all the placement and routing of my complete design in encounter.

The final GDS generated by encounter contains GDSII of 'A' but not of 'B'.

I am unable to perform LVS (Calibre LVS) on the complete design. The LVS does not extract any thing from the layout for each corresponding 'B' cell. I want that LVS should treat 'B' as black boxes and only confirm me their connections with other cells, and not their internal details. How should i tell Lvs to treat some cells as black boxes? Any other solution?

Waiting for a reply
Husain

lvs box option

Hi Hussain,

When ur doing LVS for top you have the TOP CDL file where inside the TOP CDL file you will INCLUDE all the other CDL files.
I guess inside this file you need to specify the list of cells u want Calibre to treat as black boxes.you can do search if you have calibre manual where you can find the syntax and where to include these lines.I dont have calibre manual and i dont remember the syntax aswell.

Hope it helps.

std cell lvs

husain154 said:
Hello,
I have developed my layout (GDSII) using two types of "standard cells".

A. The standard cells developed in our lab, (Standard cells 'A')
B. The commercial standard cells of a company. (Standard cells 'B')

I have got all the details (layout, abstract etc) of 'A'; but for 'B' i have only got the abstract model (LEF, verilog details).
With the help of abstract model, i am able to do all the placement and routing of my complete design in encounter.

The final GDS generated by encounter contains GDSII of 'A' but not of 'B'.

I am unable to perform LVS (Calibre LVS) on the complete design. The LVS does not extract any thing from the layout for each corresponding 'B' cell. I want that LVS should treat 'B' as black boxes and only confirm me their connections with other cells, and not their internal details. How should i tell Lvs to treat some cells as black boxes? Any other solution?

Waiting for a reply
Husain

Use this command:

LVS BOX <cellname>

It should solve your problem.

Okay. Can you please precise, where to enter the command LVS BOX <cellname>?

With "Calibre LVS", i have got a GUI interface. I am unable to determine the exact place where this command can be entered.

-Husain
Thankx chinnisunny, but i havn't got calibre manual either.

in calibre LVS ,
1-make sure that the "LVS Options" tick is selscted in "setup" pull down menu
2-select "LVS Options" menu
3- select "include" menu
4-choose the "include SVRF commands" tick
5-write the line "LVS BOX <cell_name>" in the "include SVRF commands" area
regards

husain154

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Great; That works. Thankx everyone.

Just for information for others:-
I didn't had "SVRF commands" tick " option. I just created a text file and wrote the command "LVX BOX cellName1 cellName2" in the file. I included this file, and that worked.

husain154 said:
Great; That works. Thankx everyone.

Just for information for others:-
I didn't had "SVRF commands" tick " option. I just created a text file and wrote the command "LVX BOX cellName1 cellName2" in the file. I included this file, and that worked.

Thats right. But put in the practice of doing it through command line, it saves a lot of time and you will start loving it :D

husain154

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back