Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS using standard cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yarrow

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I am trying to do LVS using std. cells from foundry. I am using Cadence tools with Calibre LVS. I am currently using an inverter (with input and output pins) as a test case.

1. Anyone know how to handle inherited gnd/vdd in layout? I see them in the schematic netlist, but I dont know how to include them in the layout. Are there any settings I can set in Calibre LVS.

2. So far I have only achieved to perform LVS by blackboxing the standard cell. I am aware of that this only checks the connections/routing between the standard cells and it does not check the layers inside the standard cell. (I am referring to the Metal1 routes in the standard cell)

I would like to be able to check the routing layers in the standard cell as well. When I run Hierarchical LVS (.gds exported from layout) I get the following errors:

"Nothing in layout"
"Corresponding cells could not be identified"
"Nothing in layout"

I used CALIBRE DESIGNrev and verified that the exported .gds file has all the cells and layers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Yarrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back