Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] LVS mismatch for ncap family cell in GF130 nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fávero Santos

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, all!

I was helping a student in our lab with a LVS mismatch error while using ncap cell. I verified the log of the LVS (I am using PVS) and I observed that the pin map is being updated to a new one:
HVBWHc-AcGKdcULhyH8X6Q4-FHkWa2jGcpsrbnP8GwEHNXtwl651nh3dpmgb94nLKpBx3r0sVyOvSdTuUaF_Hhls-hrhsVXaus2XLmw6RGGPXbl0xTT-GZVZGR2VEfUjE_Zi-ks

This happens when the option "DFII" is select in the "input" tab when using PVS GUI:
1622986547124.png

Here, I present a view of the graphical LVS debugger showing the mismatch due the pin map swap (red block: layout, pink block: schematic):
1622986637498.png

Interestingly, when I generate the CDL netlist in the schematic (via PDK->Netlisting->CDL->OK) and point the generated netlist file in the PVS GUI input tab, PVS run is clean:
1622987169290.png

1622986873902.png

LVS debugger view:
1622987015040.png

So, finally, my question is: what is going on and how to solve this issue in such a manner there will be no need to generate the netlist file and them upload it to the PVS GUI?

Many thanks!!!

Edit: added new images for future reference.

Hi Dominik, based on your suggestion, I checked the subcircuit.cdl file that PVS calls when performing a LVS run. I observed that under dgncap, ncap pin definition, subckt was:

1622993924974.png

and I believe it should be defined as G SD B, right? I made a copy of the file and updated it to

1622994264944.png

and ran a new LVS run with the our standard LVS lab flow (by that I mean the auto-generation of cdls by DFII) but pointing the updated subcircuit.cdl file and LVS returned green!

Nonetheless, I could not locate in the server any documentation that could point that the subcircuit.cdl file should be updated nor I could find any mention of this issue on the README updates file. Perhaps the newer versions patch this issue?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back