Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS Error: Power or ground net missing--run calibre LVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryzhu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lvs missing port

Hello,Everyone

When I run calibre LVS with chartered's run file, I met such error and all ports in layout can't be recognized. since I cannot find metal1(pn) layer , I labeled the pin name with metal1(dg), but I'm not sure if this is right. Chartered's LVS run file for calibre include three files: *.ctl, *.map, *.lvs, and I paste some usful words here:

In *.ctl:

#DEFINE TEXT_TEXTTYPE_IS_5 // Uncomment this line for TEXT to use the same gdsII number as the conductor
// it attached to, but with a texttype 5, e.g. Artisan Library.
// By default, a texttype 10 is used if the user keep this line commented.

In *.map:

LAYER MAP 14 DATATYPE 0 3014 // Metal1
LAYER MAP 14 DATATYPE 4 2014 // Metal1 Dummy
LAYER MAP 14 DATATYPE 5 914 // Metal1 Blockage
LAYER MAP 14 TEXTTYPE 10 2514 // Metal1 Labels
LAYER M1 3014 2014
LAYER M1_BLK 914

TEXT LAYER 2514

ATTACH 2514 M1_nodev

PORT LAYER TEXT 2510 2545 2514 2516 2520 2519 2507 3017

Through above info I think I should use Metal1 with 'TEXTTYPE=10' as the pin layer, but How to define one layer with TEXTTYPE=10? I try to set one new layer, but I can only set its DATATYPE, how should I do?

BTW, for a layer, is it necessary that 'Stream Layer Number' is equal with its 'Number' item in Attributes?

Thanks for your help!

power or ground net missing

might be there is problem with layer migration .

when this option is on,even when u name a port with text layer it automatically converts to metal which lvs calibre doesnot recognize as port and takes it as netname.

naming errors in calibre lvs

Try to write the following in your LVS Rule deck

LAYER MAP 14 TEXTTYPE 10 (Any_number)
TEXT LAYER (any_number)

This thing should be fine. I am assuming that M1 is the Layer number 14 in your techfile.

And then Add

PORT LAYER TEXT (any_number)

But in your rule deck,

#DEFINE TEXT_TEXTTYPE_IS_5 // Uncomment this line for TEXT to use the same gdsII number as the conductor
// it attached to, but with a texttype 5, e.g. Artisan Library.
// By default, a texttype 10 is used if the user keep this line commented.

The last line says that you should comment the first line if you want to use a texttype 10.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back