Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS check using Calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB11

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have a problem when I do a LVS check using calibre. Aparently it shows LVS clean my layout for a older version of calibre, but when I update for a latest version there seems to some errors in LVS.
Could anyone tell me how is that errors do not exist for older versions of calibre and it shows errosthe latest ones? Do I have to change some settings ?

Thanks in advance

BB

Does the newer version call a different LVS rules-file? If so, additional rules could be checked which now show errors.

for software issue, just email the vendor. Mentor will respond to u in one hour.

Hi,

LVS errors may depends upon many things (based on your comment)
1. Due to schematic changes
2. Any Rules updates in Rule files
3. In new version layout is change from previous version

Please let us know what kind of LVS errors you are getting? This will helps in seeing the problems.

Regards,
Basu

Its not your fault dear. Just do one thing. Try to explore the files which you are including for LVS, i mean tech files for a particular node. Every foundry will give the Calibre version with which it is compatible with, Like "EDA TOOL VERSION: Calibre 2007.3_36.25" . So use the recommended version and leave the rest to the EDA vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back