Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVDS tx at 1.8v supply - tfall and trise problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

haribabu

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
LVDS tx at 1.8v supply

Hi ,
I am designing a LVDS tx at 1.8v supply voltage .Since at lower voltages the headroom available for the upper current source is less , i used normal current mirror at the top and cascode current mirror at the bottom . The problem now is i am cing my rise time to be faster than the fall time and these two values differ almost by 30 to 40% of thier absolute values .For example if my trise is 60ps then my tfall is around 100ps . Can anyone suggest some good solution to avoid this issue ?????????

Re: LVDS tx at 1.8v supply

haribabu said:
Hi ,
I am designing a LVDS tx at 1.8v supply voltage .Since at lower voltages the headroom available for the upper current source is less , i used normal current mirror at the top and cascode current mirror at the bottom . The problem now is i am cing my rise time to be faster than the fall time and these two values differ almost by 30 to 40% of thier absolute values .For example if my trise is 60ps then my tfall is around 100ps . Can anyone suggest some good solution to avoid this issue ?????????

What about the clock signal ? Have it the high level and low level pulse width equal ?

hi ,
The pulse widths for the clock are equal !!!!

Hi,

Can u pls expalin me the what is " Common Mode offset vlotage" in LVDS?

Thanks

Common Mode Offset voltage is the deviation in the Common mode voltage from its typical value (i.e 1.25 v )

check the current? ( of source and sink) are they equal.

I checked it ..They are almost equal .I c only 100uA difference between them ..

is it prelayout or postlayout.
if postlayout then check the parasitic cap present at nodes between switches and current sink/source.
if prelayout check the operating region for all the switches and their sat. margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back