Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVDS Pin Assignment in Lattice

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbichie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Cochin/ Kerala/ India or Bangalore/ Karnataka/ Ind
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I am working with Lattice ECP2 FPGA, Now there are some LVDS Input and Output ports in my Design. This is the first time i am using the LVDS ports in my design.

Can i directly assign the LVDS port to the +ve pins of LVDS? Means shall i use any buffer before the assignment to the LVDS pin??

If i am assigning the port to the +ve LVDS pin, then is the FPGA automatically assign the complementary pin to the -ve pin of LVDS??

Thanks in Advance

If I remember well, you can just assign the signals to the I/O. This is done in the spreadsheet view (Diamond). In the same view, you chose the desired I/O standard - in your case this becomes LVDS25.

Thank you for your Reply,....

So no need of any LVDS Buffer before assigning to the pin. Means just assign the port to the +ve LVDS pin and assigning the type as LVDS25 is enough....?

I just assigned the port to the +ve LVDS pin, then i found (*.pad) that the ispLever itself assigned the complementary to the -ve LVDS pin.
So is it enough, means will it work as LVDS, with out using the buffer at the port???

Thanks in Advance

I just assigned the port to the +ve LVDS pin, then i found (*.pad) that the ispLever itself assigned the complementary to the -ve LVDS pin.
So is it enough, means will it work as LVDS, with out using the buffer at the port???

Good - if ispLever (you haven't upgraded to Diamond yet?) assigned the complementary buffer, you are assured that it will send out LVDS signals. However, there is no protocol involved (8b/10b, serdes, ...) That is something that you need to write yourself.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back