Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lumped element in CST MWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolesov

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst lumped element

Does anybody ever try to use the lumped element in the CST simulation?

I added a capacitor between two ports, and I got a total different result as if I export the Touchstone file at first and add it in a circuit simulator.

I really don't know why. Could someone help me?

Thanks! :(

cst lumped elements

I used one inductor for antenna simualtion. The result is very similar with actual measurement.

lumped element or lumped elements cst

I used a resistor to load a monopole axially.I result agrees well with measurement

cst using lumped elements

Is there any specific geometry involved, or just 2 port and a capacitor?

(If you can attach a picture it'll help us find the problem)
Regards,
P.

See the exmaple in CST microwave studio which contains interdigital and coplanar type.

I am not an expert, but MWS is a time domain simulator, while touchstone format is in the frequency domain, maybe there will be someting different between the two situation. When you use circuit simulator and touchstone file you are in frequency domain, what appens when you use MWS and a lumped element?

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back