Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice Simulation Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithmat

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have some experience with LTspice but am by no means an expert. I'm trying to simulate 1- and 3-phase rectifiers (see attached) and the simulation time is at a near standstill. I understand that this is common when errors or exist or in simulations involving high frequencies. However I don't believe either are the case here. This seems very straight-forward... what am I missing?

Thanks for your input.

View attachment LTspice.zip

Place a high ohmic resistor (e.g. 1 Meg) between DC- and ground.

The inductor you added at the input is causing high frequency oscillations, which require a lot of processing time to calculate. If you magnify the thick part of the trace you will see them. Remove the inductor and the simulation will be very fast.

The 1N4148 diode has a 0.2A maximum rating. You are applying a 5A load which will zap the diodes.

Check this

Attachments

• Part1b.zip
    726 bytes · Views: 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back