Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSPICE implementation of LLC resonant converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayaz143

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to simulate LLC resonant converter for learning purpose. I have few question regarding its implementation.
We have resonant tank with Lr and Cr in series and Lm parallel to them. How to implement this in LTSPICE as I have Isolation transformer with Lp Primary winding and Ls secondary winding of the ideal transformer(Coupled inductor). Does Lp primary includes Lm. or I should add Lm parallel to Lp separately?

Doesn't matter how you implement total Lm. In simulation, it's easiest to implement Lm as transformer Lp, set K=1 and use separate Lr.

in this free course there are some folders on LLC, which you can use, they contain also ltspice sims

In real LLC, sometimes a separate magnetising inductor is used in parallel with primary if there woudl otherwise be too much current flowing in the transformer primary coil.........if you do do this, then you cannot have an integrated transformer...but must have minimal leakage in the transformer....and use a separate Lr inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.