Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice error "port (pin) count mismatch between the definition of subcircuit....."

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek.2138

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am simulating SiC MOSFET with double pulse testing in LTspice.
MOSFET part no. is G3R30MT12K.
But getting error in LTspice. The screenshot of error is attached.
I have followed the instructions from MOSFET manufacturer, also attached.
(https://www.genesicsemi.com/sic-mosfet/)

How to remove this error?
Can anybody please help?

Attachments

• LTspice error.png
    LTspice error.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 234
  • SPICE Model Usage Instructions .pdf
    177.5 KB · Views: 270

You have to get the model file and compare it with the symbol...and see that they purport to the same number of gates.......but i downloaded the model file from your link, and it appears to be encrypted.......so its not possible to tell what number of pins it has.
It says it encrypted the model file to stop it being reverse engineered, but thats bizarre......who cares if someone reverse engineers the spice model...

If the model file is encrypted, than I don't see how LTspice can recognize it.
That may be what is causing the pin mismatch error.
Suggest you contact the MOSFET vendor about how to un-encrypt the file.

The model is apparently made for LTspice, thus we can expect that it's using LTspice encryption and is understood by the tool.
--- Updated ---

The reason for the error is simple. G3R30MT12K is a TO247-4 transistor. You must use the correct L3_GeneSiC_MTseries_TO-247-4 symbol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back