Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTE simulator for EPC/Core network part

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauf1212

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to know which simulator supports LTE core network part entity and protocols like MME,S-GW, S1AP.

Do you know whether opnet supports these protocols and interfaces?

Thanks

Accoridng to my understanding OPNET does not support EPC protocols in detail. But i had a look in the EPC module and seems like basic functionalities of MME, S-GW and P-GW are available inside EPC itself (S-GW and P-GW can be implemented in the same node in real network also. Have a look at module "lte_s1_nas" for S1 NAS message handling.

But, otherwise no other simulators give this support. But, can be implemented in NS-2. Have a look here: **broken link removed**

Regards,
Rakesh

Hello,

I would like to know which simulator supports LTE core network part entity and protocols like MME,S-GW, S1AP.

Do you know whether opnet supports these protocols and interfaces?

Thanks

Hi,

Ercom (ERCOM) is providing ePC emulation to eNodeB manufacturers.

It supports S1-AP, NAS, GTP-U
authentication, integrity and ciphering

You can contact me for more details

Hi,
I am new in learning OPNET. I' d like to simulate to simulating EPC with OPENET. I dont know whether it suports the EPC protocols? Can you introduce some resources regarding to this?
thank you in advance.
Best,
Mahnaz

Yes, EPC protocols are supported to a good extent in OPNET. Open the process model and check the protocol structure.

Hi,
I am new in learning OPNET. I' d like to simulate to simulating EPC with OPENET. I dont know whether it suports the EPC protocols? Can you introduce some resources regarding to this?
thank you in advance.
Best,
Mahnaz

Status
Not open for further replies.