Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lte architecture control plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

lida11

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm writing my thesis and one of the parts talking about LTE,
:!:I need to know,what kind of traffic is routed at the control plane vs. user plane?

Please help me out.
Thanks
Lida

This will be in the 3GPP specs, which you can download for free. In fact, most of the 3GPP specs are related to the control plane, at different parts of the network. As a rule of thumb, you need to look at the 'Stage 1' docs for a high level overview, then stage 2 for more detail, and stage 3 for the deeper info. It's easy to get lost in the specs, so look at stage 1 and 2 first, for the area of the network that you're interested in.

Thanks sky_123 I'll try it .

Do you have any idea as a quick guide about " Different tunneling protocols are used across different interfaces. (In use plane in LTE network)" ?!
I've read that in Alcatel white paper about LTE network, but I thought GTP/U is used for data at the user plane throughout the EPC, not sure.
Thanks

GTP is just one protocol used in EPC. MME, SGW, PDN use other protocols and interfaces too. You probably need to read some more detail than the white paper. There are some books on Amazon, they are not particularly cheap, and to be honest they are not particularly great either, but it may still be worth reading one, to get an idea which 3GPP specs you then need to refer to, if you're getting lost in the specs. It's been a while since I've looked at it, so my knowledge in this area is limited.

Is there anybody with more detail knowledge about "difference of userplane and cntrl plane traffice" ?
thanks in adv.

please i need assistance. i am writing my thesis and using ADS and i will like to implement a model in my schematic ..please how can i model a fast fading channel...please kindly assist i will appreciate some useful hint...or if you can reccommend a link to online training for ADS simulator..Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.