Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTC3111 - VOUT to GND

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnmk123

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using the LTC3111. I have followed the typical application on page 1 of datasheet.
I'm operating in burst mode and no load current is drawn.

When I power up the IC, the output Vout (pin 12 of MSOP 16) goes to ground pretty quickly.
The only clues I have of what exactly is going on:
1. the O'scope probes are connected to FB, VCC, VIN and Vout. There is a lot of noise and spikes in the waveforms.
2. The current meter in my supply is showing 100mA-22mA-1mA depending on my voltage input.

Please help me understand why the IC is shorting internally.

Thank you,

Hi,

Your description is not very informative.
Especially the LT datasheets and descriptions - i find - are very reliable. So I rather think there is another problem.

Therefore we need YOUR circuit drawing with part names, values and pin nubers on the IC.
A picture of your circuit and a scope picture is often helpful.

for a first test measure folowing voltages (referenced to SGND pin of LTC3111)
* FB voltage of LT3111 (should be exactely and stable 0.8V, never higher than 0.8V)
* SNSGND of LT3111 (shoud be 0.00V)
* PGND of LT3111 (shoud be 0.00V)
* RUN pin LT3111 (shoud be more than 1.2V)

hope this helps

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.