Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT1996 pspice model needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanxxx

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to make library model for LT1996 using orcad pspice model editor.

I have .MOD file but I could not manage to make a successful design. I get "Missing subcircuit name" error. Could anyone lead me to solve my problem ? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

LT1996.MOD file and a sample circuit schematic is attached which gives the following arror below. Also pspice circuit and .lib contains lt1996 is attached.

Error :

* source LT1996_SIM
X_U1 LT1996
--------------------$
ERROR -- Missing subcircuit name
V_V2a N02398 GND 41Vdc
V_V3a N00366 GND 15
V_V4a N02496 GND -15
V_V5a N02557 GND 40
R_R1a GND N02282 100k
R_R2a N01082 GND 100k

Attachments

• sample.JPG
    sample.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 71
  • pspice sim and 1996lib.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 46
  • LT1996.mod.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 48

At line: X_U1 LT1996 the subcircuit is not connected to any signal.
The correct format is: XCircuitName <node 1> <node 2> ... <definition name>

Did you create the symbol? It seems the definition of pins is wrong.

And verify that your tool is including the subcircuit model.

A final suggestion: Linear Technology has its own simulator, with all the components modeled. Maybe you can use it.

At line: X_U1 LT1996 the subcircuit is not connected to any signal.
The correct format is: XCircuitName <node 1> <node 2> ... <definition name>

Did you create the symbol? It seems the definition of pins is wrong.

And verify that your tool is including the subcircuit model.

A final suggestion: Linear Technology has its own simulator, with all the components modeled. Maybe you can use it.

Yes I have created the symbol for LT1996. I had only got a text file which I converted to a mod file at the beginning. Than I used pspice model editor to create symbol and library files.
I've reached the line "X_U1 LT1996" on lt1996_sim-schematic1.net but could not understand the correct format. In my symbol, is circuit name acts like a pin? I dont have any further circuit element other than sources and resistors as it seems in the picture file.

I've got linear techs' LT Spice and yes it does have LT1996 model already but I dont like the usage of LTspice.

If you have time, can you make the model or describe further info about format?

Thank you nafnaf.

The model is fine. The problem is to do with the Pspice template you have created with the symbol is not working correctly and including the node names. Unfortunately I don't use Orcad/Pspice so I don't know how to fix it. My guess is it is this bit that needs fixing:

68_1285833739.gif

Maybe looking at a symbol that does work will help work out why that one doesn't (or a Pspice expert!).

Keith.

The model is fine. The problem is to do with the Pspice template you have created with the symbol is not working correctly and including the node names. Unfortunately I don't use Orcad/Pspice so I don't know how to fix it. My guess is it is this bit that needs fixing:

68_1285833739.gif

Maybe looking at a symbol that does work will help work out why that one doesn't (or a Pspice expert!).

Keith.

Sorry, I have checked for an existing opamp library file but could not figure out how to correct my model. Thanks Keith.

Maybe ask on the Orcad forums:

OrCAD Community

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your advice. I've looked up the orcad forum but it seems they dont care about problems so much. I've found unanswered problems which could lead me to solve my problem. I've added my problem to one of them. I am more hopeful about edaboard but if I've answer from orcad forum, I will also publish in here.

Thank you for your time.

I've edited PSPICE symbols from time to time, but unfortunately I forget the syntax completely after a few weeks, so I would have to understand it a new from the documentation. But there's nothing mysterious about it, just read the handbook and possibly review a working symbol for reference.

I agree, that PSPICE is more neat in some aspects, but with LTSPICE, creating symbols and connecting them to subcircuits can be learned within minutes. And for some reasons that I didn't yet understand completely, the solver seems to be much more robust and rarely running into convergence problems. I have customers in industry, who owns a PSPICE license but changed to LTSPICE anyway.

Any further help? I still could not solve the problem, no answer from orcad community :(

OK guys, I'm using simulink multisim prog and it has the model LT1996, thanks at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back