Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPKF milling machine question + CircuitCam6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedo81

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear EDABoard users,

I have a question regarding the use of LPKF Protomat milling machine with micro cutter tool (0.1 mm, 4 mils).

I'm using CircuitCam 6 PCB to calculate the isolation paths. In the isolation setup dialog, advanced tab, we find the "independent primary" option. According to circuit cam user manual, if I check this option the tool insulates also the pads with spacing less than the toolsize, in order to avoid short circuits, even at the cost of loosing some copper.

I can select four different tools to obtain an efficient routing, but if I decide to use the Small tool (I want to use a micro cutter 0.1 mm), the independent primary options becomes inactive, so it's not selectable.

Did anyone experience the same problem?

Thank you!
Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back