Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPC2100 Programming startup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper2high

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lpc2100

Hello folks,
I'm looking to try out something like the NXP's LPC2141 microcontroller. I have prior experience with mid-range Microchip PICs, but this is a big step up, it seems.

Anyway, I tried searching around on ways to write the code and program the code onto the LPC and haven't really found much info. I did get a book called the "Insiders' guide" in PDF, but that is more of a guide on how to build firmware for it - there is no mention of programming it.

Are there any reasonably priced DEV Boards that I could try, for example?

lpc2100 pdf

Thanks for the reply, kender.
I haven't picked anything yet. Wanted to get advice before setting my mind on any particular thing.

raisonance lpc2129 startup

jumper2high said:
Hello folks,
I'm looking to try out something like the NXP's LPC2141 microcontroller. I have prior experience with mid-range Microchip PICs, but this is a big step up, it seems.

Anyway, I tried searching around on ways to write the code and program the code onto the LPC and haven't really found much info.

You want to have a look at www.Flashmagictool.com. It can be used with a serial interface and is free for non-commercial use.
Other options are USB -> JTAG converters with corresponding programming software. This could be U-Link2 from Keil, J-Link from Segger or . RLink from Raisonance

Lowest cost is probably R-Link which comes with a 32k limited version of RIDE7. As the code size of the LPC2141 is 32k anyhow, you can try that one. For a little more you can buy a Starter Kit from IAR or Keil that comes with U-Link or J-Link.

Hope this helps to make your own research a lot easier.

Bob
http://www.lpc2000.com

lpc 21xx programming

Sparkfun has LPC2148 development boards which are fairly cheap. There are loads of example project for LPC2148. If you want to get a feel of ARM7 architecture LPC21xx is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.