Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPc11u68 Recognized as an USB mass storage device even when programmed in HID class

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizgah

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I connected a newbie LPC11u68 to USB port,it recognized in windows as an USB mass storage device.When I programmed LPCOPEN HID example by Flash magic to it,after resetting the board,my PC can't recognized it.Only when I pulled down PIO0_1(ISP selection pin)it still recognized as a Mass storage device.??? **broken link removed**

I'm using a simple header board with USB port(As i said PC successfully recognized 11u68 as mass storage devices ,then I think there are no hardware fault).
Also I'm using LPCXPRESSO IDE v8.0.0,I tried all of the USBD examples in the LPCXPRESSO boards LPCOPEN examples, and they programmed successfully to the chip,also I config a LED to blink.
In all of them LED blinked which means MCU is running , but when I connect board to the USB port of my PC,I cant see it in the USB or HID section of my PC's device manager.
I don't checked SWD, is LPC11u68 support it?
WBR.

Does your board draw power from the usb port? Does it start by taking a low amount of mA? Then later does it try to draw more mA, perhaps more mA than it negotiated for at the beginning? Therefore it loses its permission to operate?

know when I compiled LPC11u68 lpcopen HID examples for the manley 11u68 board ,devices appear in the devices manager but after a second it disappear while I don't disconnect it
USB_HID_Mouse.jpg

Does your board draw power from the usb port? Does it start by taking a low amount of mA? Then later does it try to draw more mA, perhaps more mA than it negotiated for at the beginning? Therefore it loses its permission to operate?
It powered from USB PORT,I'm not able to measure it's consuming current unfortunately.

I believe I recall plugging devices into usb, and usually it is recognized with a specific identifier (brand, type, capacity). But there are times when it merely gets a generic 'usb storage' or 'usb device' label. It doesn't necessarily prevent operation. It could mean the computer was confused for some reason, so it loaded a generic driver instead of the specific driver.

As for how much power your device tries to draw, this is important to be certain how much it is, and whether it causes voltage to sag at any time. It may be necessary to fabricate a cable which you can cut apart and split away wires so you can measure voltage/current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back