Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] lowest crystal frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockman_akim

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the lowest crystal frequency that i can get in the market..

Probably around 100kHz. I had an old crystal oscillator module that did 10kHz. The crystal was quite a long (~50mm) rod-like thing with square section. I am thinking, why would you want this? You can use a accurate higher frequency crystal, and divide down to as low as you could want - like any digital clock does.

I doubt you will find below 32kHz off the shelf, but one of my books mentions them down to 1kHz, but you have to find someone who will make it. There probably wouldn't be much point trying to make a very low frequency crystal - you can always divide down. In theory you could make a lower power oscillator at lower frequencies but only if you can get a high Q. I have seen 32kHz oscillator circuits around 30nA or so.

Keith

actualy i just want to know..myb we can simplify the design if we have a very frequency crystal..i mean we does not need divider anymore..anyway tanx for give me a new knowledge..

Status
Not open for further replies.