Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Low voltage sharp cut out switch without relay for 6v battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshoppy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making a led light using 6v battery. I need a low voltage cutout circuit to protect battery from getting deep discharged. I have seen many circuits, but all switch off light slowly. I need a sharp cutout circuit which disconnect load at 4.7v , but without relay.

You can use a BJT or MOSFET for this. When the voltage is greater than 4.7V and the light should be on, the MOSFET/BJT should be turned on. When voltage reaches or falls below 4.7V, the MOSFET/BJT should be turned off. For the detection of the voltage, you can use a comparator circuit.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

A low voltage cutoff circuit was described in this thread: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/253486/. That one required a switch to be pressed to turn it on again after the battery has been recharged or replaced. I'm not sure if that is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back