Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low voltage low cost MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulHolland

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am looking for a low cost small MCU with about 1K memory minimum 4 I/O lines and able to operate from 0.8V upto 3.6V minimum and using less than 20uA if in sleepmode. Must be able to wakeup by internal timer.

I am looking for a PIC10F but than operating at 0.8V...

Who knows ?.

Just typing "ultra low voltage microcontroller" at Google will show you some candidates like ATTINY43U.

Atmel maybe? www.atmel.com/Images/doc8223.pdf

Sorry if the data is out of date or irrelevant - I am trying to read things on a QVGA mobile screen.

Keith

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, I seem to remember some micros with a built in boost converter for when the voltage drops below a certain level but I am not sure which.

I do know the whole PIC, AVR, Cypress, Freescale, Elan, Holtek, TI, Silab product range.
O.K. this suggests that no major manufacturer has a device according to your requirements. Did you check all smaller companies, e.g. emmicroelectronic.

Just typing "ultra low voltage microcontroller" at Google will show you some candidates like ATTINY43U.

AVR ATTINY43U. is almost 1.80 USD so not near the 0.40 USD I am looking for. and google did not give the answer I am looking for that is why I try here to dig some brains.

- - - Updated - - -

EM does have a device but cost is to high and I do not need 6 or 8K with EEPROM, ADC etc.... I need a low cost simple device, no need for EEPROM, ADC TIMERS etc.. Cost and power consumption is king. If product is going into production it will be in 10K batches minimum with maybe 50K first year !.

- - - Updated - - -

Atmel maybe? www.atmel.com/Images/doc8223.pdf

Sorry if the data is out of date or irrelevant - I am trying to read things on a QVGA mobile screen.

Keith

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, I seem to remember some micros with a built in boost converter for when the voltage drops below a certain level but I am not sure which.

I do remember seeing also a low cost PIC10F style MCU with buildin chargepump from china or taiwan but can't find it anymore.

I think you did not read my question !. I do know the whole PIC, AVR, Cypress, Freescale, Elan, Holtek, TI, Silab product range. I look for 0.8V operating voltage and cost below 0.40 USD @ 10K.

So you know for TI MSP430L092

So you know for TI MSP430L092

Thanks for suggestion but I know this device. It only works from 0.9 - 1.9V not the 3.6V I asked. Its also a pricy device as I know, maybe you know to get it cheap ?

Best option I have is the EM: EM6819F2-B006
I know there is a device from Korea/taiwan that is for sale in China but I can't seem to find it anymore.

silabs C8051F9xx series (1V8 .... 3V6)
very nice 8bit mcu with less then 1uA sleep current

Status
Not open for further replies.