Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

[SOLVED] Low Voltage DC Level Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulqar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am designing a circuit whose output I have attached (Amplitude is 100mV and Frequency is 20kHz). I want to shift this output to 0.5 V DC level. I will be thankful if anybody could suggest me a DC level shifter for this scenario.(Particularly I am looking for a mosfet based circuit.)

Thanks

hobbyckts

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Your output looks as a analog signal so add a simple summing amplifer with 2 input voltages. The first input voltage should be the output voltage which you have shown. The second should be the constant 0.5 Volt.

BradtheRad

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If you have a 5V supply nearby, you can add some of that to your signal, via resistive divider.

The incoming signal is attenuated slightly.

Reactions: zulqar

zulqar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

BrunoARG

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just add 2 resistors. If the AC source amplitude is Vac and you want to add 0.5V, first determine a DC supply value, say 5V.

Just as BradtheRad says, a voltage divider between two voltage sources will generate a summing of both signals with some attenuation. To supress that total AC attenuation you must amplify it before the divider.

Reactions: zulqar

zulqar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

asdf44

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Another option: AC couple with a cap, then shift to whatever voltage you want. Unless it's very slow this is quite easy, and won't attenuate (<<1%) with proper component selection. But it will have some start up time and won't work for DC.

RajkumarS

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi zulqar,

Amplify the signal by using CS stage then buffer the signal by using DC level shifter.

Thanks
Rajkumar S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor