Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Power LCD with SPI interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akanimo

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am in need of a low-power LCD with SPI interface. maximum character length is 20 and maximum number of lines is 4. Supply voltage is 3.3 V and current draw should not exceed 1 mA. Backlight is not necessary but would be an added advantage. Size should be compact, maximum length of 80 mm and maximum width of 80 mm.

Kindly recommend available options.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'd go to a distributor and try it's selection tool. Maybe need to try (or combine) different distributors / manufacturers to find all your requirements.

Btw: why not using a 4 digit 7 (or 14) segment display?
It has less than 20 characters and less than 4 lines...
This is what I use for low power designs. I use PCF8577, but it has I2C interface.

Klaus

State-of-the-art for dot matrix text displays is below 1 mA (e.g. 0.25 mA) current consumption in operation. Low power LED backligth starting at a few mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.