Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low power differential to CMOS and maintaining dutty cycle in 65nm CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoore180

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I am trying to interface a differential limiting amp with a single ended out put driver and am finding in nearly impossible to maintain 50% duty cycle. The limiting amp output is very nice 0.25 to 1.2V with crossings at about 50%. What I need is a circuit to convert this to 0 to 1.2V single ended. I have tried running it straight in to an inverter and this destroys the 50% crossings (duty cycle). I have also looked at cross coupled inverters which are two slow for this application ( 10Gbs).

This seems like it would be a fairly common thing to need to do so if some one has a suggestion pleas let me know.

note: the signal is actually a random data stream when I say duty cycle I mean the positive pulse width is distorted. Also the reason for converting to single ended is so that I can get the driving force of CMOS inverters to drive the output driver.

I am trying to do this is in 1.2V 65nm CMOS.

You might try an auto-biased inverter capacitively coupled,
that can at least remove the threshold-crossing error term.
Then you have to balance the rest of the taper chain to
keep PWD at a minimum, and probably use a low taper
factor so edges stay sharp and don't contribute to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back