Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low power accelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayeshparmar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm designing a tilt sensor system. It is battery operated and thus has a limited life. I'm looking for a very low power accelerometer IC. I have seen LIS3DH from st microelectronics and ADXL series from analog devices, but dont know which one more economical in terms of current consumption. If anybody has worked on these devices or any other or have some info about these, please help me on this. thanx.

read the data sheets. They tell how much current they use, right there with numbers and words.

some adxl accelerometers have lower current consumption compared to st accelerometers and some have higher. but these adxl accelerometers give output in terms of pwm signals, while st accelerometers gives out digital data on spi bus. so again my question is which will be more suitable for a low power system (sensor + microcontroller) giving longest battery life. please post any solutions/comments if you have used these sensors..

Status
Not open for further replies.