Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Pass filter making problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg29

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm trying to read temperature with a thermocouple for which i have made a amplifying circuit after which i feed the amplified voltage to a Low-pass filter to remove any noise. To be very frank i don't know how to design a LPF but after seeing from some applications i have used one which i have shown in attached diagram. This LPF is itself introducing huge noise. The output voltage is'nt stable after this like it's jumping anywhere between 674mV to 698mV at a particular fixed input voltage. If I remove this LPF the output is very stable. But I think I may need this LPF because I have to use this circuit in noisy industrial conditions.

Please tell me what mistake I'm making.

Thanks

Hi GARG29,

1.) Use any universal opamp but not LM324
2.) Use dual supply (if available) instead of single supply (as mentioned in the doc)
3.) Single supply works only if the output of the first amplifying stage in the figure has a dc component of app. 1/2 Vdd. I suppose this is not the case for your application.
4.) The R,C components yield a 3-dB-corner frequency of app. ω=2000 1/rad.
Does this satisfy your requirements?

Further questions?

garg29

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.