Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Low output port voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.heuju

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was just testing atmega32 by making a blink program. But the output at the pin is very low of about 1.5v. Shouldn't it be at 5v? Due to this the led does not glow bright. Previously it used to glow bright but not now. I thought it was uC fault, and tried another one. But the same problem occurs. Also I know my code is not wrong because it worked before. What could be the reason?

Could you please post the code of the blink program you are running on your atmega32,and if possible,share the photos of the output you are getting.It can be of the LED glowing/the voltage on the output pin as measured by the multimeter.

Hi,

output voltage depend on current. We need to know the technical data of LED and current limiting resistor.

But my idea is that the program make it "blinking" very fast. Too fast for the eyes to recognize. Maybe with a duty cycle of 30%. then the average output voltage 1.5 makes sense.

So as udayan92 wrote: post your code.

Klaus

Its been fixed now. I rewrote the code all over again. Now its fixed. The led glowed as it should have. What I suspect had happened may be my blunder mistake. I suspect I did DDRB and PORTD. Since I rewrote the program I seem to have fixed this blunder.

Thank you for your help. !

Status
Not open for further replies.