Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low input impedance of amplifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question regarding the input impedance of amplifier AD605 . It has an input impedance of 175 Ohm while output Impedance is 2 Ohm.
Why is it having such a low input impedance ....shouldn't it be in the range of kOhmS or MOhms

I think you are talking about the input resistance provided by the gain control interface ....isnt it different from the actual input resistance of the amplifier.

Why is it having such a low input impedance ....shouldn't it be in the range of kOhmS or MOhms
Did you eventually read the datasheet? The differential inout goes to the attenuator ladder rather than an amplifier.

Sorry.....but can you please explain about the attenuator ladder what does -48db means here.......and what is the actual input impedance offered by the amplifier

As the block diagram shows, there's no direct access to the differntial amplifier input. Instead a differntial ended attenuator network with 175 impedance is connected in front of it. The attenuation can be programmed between 0 and 48 db via VGN control voltage. I imagine that each ladder node drives a differential pair, teh attenuation is set by programming their bias current respectively. But circuit details aren't revealed in the datasheet.

ad605.png

OK....I understand that 175 ohm is not the input impedance of the amplifier but what is it then. i am cofused here

Hi,

I understand that 175 ohm is not the input impedance of the amplifier but what is it then.
--> A string of resistors.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.