Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Impedance Voltage follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

arefeidi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've got a big problem: I'd like to connect a DSP-board (input impedance 120 Ohms) to the output of a lowpass-filter (output impedance 4.7 kOhm).

So, to not load the source in such a heavy way I need to build a voltage follower with a low output impedance. Though, I only have some u741 and TL071 OP Amps which (as I think) have to much output impedance.

Does anyone of you have an idea which OP Amp with low ouptut impedance (should be well below 30 Ohms I'd say) I could use or does anyone have another idea how to solve the problem?

thanks alot for any answer!

When wired as a follower, feedback will reduce the op-amp's open-loop output impedance. Without delving in to the maths, it is most likely that the input and output of impedance of a TL071 will be sufficient for most applications.

If there are some special requirements, then it would be necessary to first know of them.

Humber

Status
Not open for further replies.