Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low-cost soldering iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberblak

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a soldering iron to make some prototypes for my business. Any idea on where I could find a cheap soldering iron? I need a good temperature control...

Thanks,

cyberblak

Go for WELLER brand. Maybe i is not as cheap as you have expected, but .. You will not regret this choice ..
**broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

The price sounds good to me... Do you know if the tips are expensive and if they last long?

What's more important, do you know if there is mini-wave style tips available for these irons?

Yes, Weller makes nice soldering stations. I've used the two blue models but not the orange one.
You will probably want two or three different size tips, for large and small work. They do last a long time.

Thanks guys, I think that I'll go with the Weller. The price is quite attractive and since it gets only good comments...

Instead of using a soldering tip, I used a nail instead. Works great for those cheap pencil type solder irons.

Since I need to solder SMT components, I seriously doubt that a nail is adequate :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back