Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low cost RF solution for midrange communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbox

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am new to working with RF communication, i am looking for a low cost RF solution that has a range of about 200 meters. Preferably a multipoint network.I am not looking for something with high data rates.

I have looked at the ZigBee modules 900Mhz series, but they are a bit on the expensive side. Does anyone have a suggestion or experience with such designs?

Thanks,
snadbox

To extend the range of typical Wifi, Zigbee or Bluetooth , directional antennas can help. For your case, I saw companies offering modified cell phones with SIM cards for their use as sensor network nodes. Google "sensor networks" , this field has recently developed quite rapidly.

I looked around for the sim card based sensor networks but could not find any, can you please post a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back